Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Psalm 56

Psalm 56:1-4 Be gracious to me, O God, for man tramples on me; My enemies trample on me all the day long, for many attack proudly. When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid, What can flesh do to me?
I am guessing that I am not the only one that feels this way some days? It is tough, this life and the way that we live it. We are called to love our neighbors, aren't we? If we are called to it, are we doing it? I struggle with both of the commandments that Jesus left us with. I have a hard time loving those who seem to take advantage of me. I might even come across a little harsh sometimes.
If I were to really love my neighbor and stop attacking or oppressing my neighbor, what would happen?

v:6 They stir up strife, they lurk; they watch my steps, as they have waited for my life.
I don't go out doing these behaviors purposely, but I know that I do this. I have not been the brother that I need to be and sometimes get a little self righteous. This, by lack of love, is doing those very things. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
Why do people feel alone in this day and age? We are living in a world with more people in it than ever before and yet we have people, children feeling alone and unwanted. We have children that are so picked on that they kill and hurt other children. We then make them out to be monsters and point fingers at how awful they are. Are they? or are they just really alone and hurting with no where to go? Has anyone introduced them to the Lord and showed them how valuable they actually are? We may never do this thing perfectly but I believe beloved that we can do it better.

v:8 You have kept count of my tossings; put my tears in your bottle. Are they not in your book?
How deep the Fathers love for us, how far beyond all measure. Beloved, we can make a difference in this thing we call LIFE. Please read this Proverb and then go and read 1Cor. 13:1-4. All that we are doing is no good beloved, it is no good if we don't have love.

Please, Please, Please, Love your family today and tomorrow and everyday from here to eternity. Repent openly to your children and God for mistakes made. They will forgive you, this I know. Humble your self in the sight of the Lord, ask Him for strength and guidance. Can we learn to Love our neighbors, even if they are not believers or overtly friendly?

Beloved we are empowered by the strength of the Holy Spirit as were the disciples to go and Love and make disciples of every nation. God said it and He has given us the ability to do it, now go and do it.

Beloved, if we do this one thing, we might just get out of here alive!

1 comment:

  1. I was going to write something totally off your topic I think about what I read last night in Deuteronomy. Your comment on righteousness triggered it. Anyway, I'm not a very good example to my children some days, most days, but I do apologize to them when needed.

    ReplyDelete