Friday, February 10, 2012

Make your time count - He does

Make your time count
I was recently blessed with a trip back home. This trip back home was significant first because it felt like I was going home. I have wandered along ways over the course of my life and although I keep coming back to the same place, this time was different, this time it felt like I was going home. Ya see although I knew where home was, it never gave me that great feeling that you might get from a Hallmark card or even one of their great tear jerking movies.This was blessing one of two. This was the first gift that God gave me this Christmas
God has blessed me with dear friends. These are friends that will truly be with a guy his entire lifetime. This trip back how was going to be a bit different. I was counseled to put together an intercessory prayer group for myself and the church that God, I feel, is having me plant. So at church that first Sunday I asked a few people and amazingly, they had the time and the desire to enter into prayer for me. This may not seem like a huge deal to many of you, but to me it was monumental.
We were sitting at the table when it hit me. All these people had come to know me and still accepted me and not only that, they were there to pray for me. These friends opened their home to me and prepared a meal for me as well. This was absolutely amazing to me that anyone would do this for me. That is when it hit me right square  between the eyes, God has called me to be a Pastor. Not only did He call me, but He is telling people about it. These people were gathered around the table to pray for me and this church. This was one of those kairos moments, where God intervenes into your life and shows you how much He truly loves you. This was one of those moments in my life that I will never forget. I have to thank those friends that were there that morning, you know who you are and you will always be so very special to me, Thank you!
While this moment may not seem that out of the ordinary for most or many people, it was for me. This moment signifies the moment where all of God’s hard work on my character and spirit had come together. The moment where I finally started believing that I might truly be used by God. I had known what He had called me to for years and was willing to do it for Him. Now was different, now I know that I can do this. I know that God has been continually pruning me to do a work for Him. He has been equipping the called, and definitely not calling the equipped!
You see that so often in our lives we feel that we are unworthy or incapable. We may have heard that “ God equips the called” or some other corny Christian saying. None of these truly do much good, we have to walk in His goodness ourselves. We have to get to a point in our lives where we feel the loving presence of God. We have to make the most of the time that God has given us. We do this by spending time in His word and praying as well as meditating on His goodness. We have to go with Him on these sojourns that He has called us to. I never thought that I could be a pastor, I was not that kind of guy. God knows different and is making that come true.
If He has called you to something that is more than your character can handle, TRUST! Trust Him in all things to include your time and your dreams. Make those moments count, those moments that God sneaks in and gives you a crazy dream. Don’t sit idle with a dream in your heart. Press in and fulfill that dream. Dare to be that person that God desires you to be. He will see to it that you make it. He will not call you and leave you hanging in the wind. He is faithful and true to His word. He will create in you a clean heart as it says in Psalm 51:10
 Dream my friends Dream! Live to Love Him who first Loved You!
If we do this thing right, we might just get out of here alive.

1 comment:

  1. Well I am a details person. If Lodi is your home, this is where you want to plant a church?? Give me more information Fred ;) I will be praying for you too in this venture. I had no idea you wanted to plant a church.
    Second, I can tell God is calling me to do more with Melanoma Awareness. It is amazing to me, how everything falls into place when it comes to it. How He provides every need when I am doing it. There is one minor (well OK it's huge) obstacle in my way right now, and I am praying God changes hearts so I may do it.

    I wish I could hear God, like you do. My life is crazy busy with kids and other activities I'm shocked I have time to read my Bible at night. I just am afraid I"m not getting out of it what He wants me to. I don't want to get behind in the Bible in a Year because if I get too far behind then I give up.

    ReplyDelete